Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Apple, Spinach and Feta Salad


So where have I been? Well, I was enjoying relaxing during the holidays and didn't feel like blogging much. Then the new semester of school started and it's been a crazy whirlwind of TA prep, starting class and trying to get research done, but I'm back now!

Since January is the time of eating healthy, I thought I'd share this awesome salad I've found recently. The recipe is over at Annie's Eats. We've made it twice in one week! One time was on it's own and the other time topped with grilled chicken breast. It was delicious both ways! The only thing we changed is halving the feta since I don't like a ton. This salad has a spinach base topped with sliced apples, buttered almonds, and feta. Although that all sounds good, my favorite part was actually the dressing. It has sesame seed, sweet onion, and apple cider and white wine vinegar awesomeness going for it. I think I'll make it for other salads in the future. 

How are your eating resolutions coming? I didn't actually make any because the thing I need to change most is not having as much dessert and you know how much a fan of that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment