Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Quinoa Patties and Tuscan Kale Salad


I've been posting a few of our regular favorites lately, and this is another one of those! Both of these are great to make ahead. In fact, I prefer the kale salad (recipe here) made the day before so it has time to marinate. Just don't add the breadcrumbs until you serve it or they will lose their crunch. If you don't have time for that, you can just rub the oil in an hour before dinner and then add the rest of the dressing right before. That will also serve to help soften up the kale. Also, I usually use Parmesan instead of Pecorino, just because that's what I have on hand.

The quinoa patties (recipe here) are the perfect healthy airplane snack. They are so versatile. I skip the sun dried tomatoes because I never have them on hand, but they've always turned out great for me. I've also skipped the kale when I don't have any and have played around with the seasonings. You can use the basic formula and add whatever flavors are your favorite. They're delicious warm, cold, or room temperature. 



2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I have never tried quinoa, nor have I tried kale. I need to go out and get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of quinoa patties. While I eat quinoa, I would have never thought to do this with it.

    ReplyDelete