Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Grandma Maddalena's Lasagna


The people that ate this meal now know how far behind I am in my blogging. A few weeks ago, we had some of Kyle's family over for dinner. We had Grandma Maddalena's Lasagna which is a recipe from Kitchen Boss, Buddy Valastro's cooking show. I've made the recipe before, but in the form of cupcake lasagna's with wonton wrappers. I wanted to make sure there was enough food for everyone, so I decided to double the recipe and make two lasagnas. In the middle of assembling the first lasagna, I realized that there was no way a whole recipe was going to fit in my 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. So, we ended up making 3 lasagnas instead of two. We froze one before baking. Of the two we cooked, only one got eaten. We gave half of the other away to our guests and ate the rest as leftovers. I later confirmed with my mom that lasagna pans are 9 x 13 x 3 inches. Oops. Oh well. The moral of this story is that 2/3 of the recipe will easily feed 8 adults and 4 children with accompanying bread and salad. 

On the subject of the recipe itself, be sure to add some sugar to counteract the acid in the tomatoes. The amount depends on the tomatoes. Also, I can never find veal so I just substitute more ground beef for that. Feel free to substitute whatever meat you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment