Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chocolate Cream Pie


If you're searching for a decadent dessert for a special occasion, here it is! I found this recipe and made it for my birthday (I know friends, I'm way behind on posting). Growing up, I liked Marie Calllender's Chocolate Satin Pie for my birthday. There aren't any close to us, so I searched for a recipe to replicate it. Well, this one didn't replicate it. It completely surpassed the one I had always known! If you like smooth, creamy, and rich chocolatey-ness you should definitely try this recipe. This has become my new birthday standard!



You can find the recipe (and a much better picture) on Saveur's website. The only thing I changed was using Oreos for the crust because I couldn't find Nabisco wafers. Make sure to use high quality chocolate because that's the main flavor. We used 72% Valrhona  and unsweeted Scharffen Berger and loved it!







2 comments: