Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Brioche!


Brioche! Why don't I have any better pictures of the loaves outside of the pan? Because we started eating them right away! This is definitely more involved than most of the other recipes on the blog. It's not actually too hard if you have a stand mixer though. The recipe I used can be found here. You have to mix the ingredients together one day and then let it rest overnight. The next day, you shape the loaves and let it proof some more. I got impatient and used the oven. I preheated it to it's lowest temperature, turned it off and stuck the loaves in to speed stuff up. I think it rose maybe a little too much, but it still tasted good! We enjoyed it with jam and honey as well as in overnight french toast!

I have a couple pictures to help you along:

This is what the dough looked like after finishing beating together everything but the butter:



After adding the butter and all of the mixing is done it should look like this:

I found that marks in the dough were very helpful to fold it in even thirds when shaping the loaves:


It is very delicious with homemade jam!





No comments:

Post a Comment